Consolidation of Business Areas and rationalization of work & delegated powers Clarification in guidelines.
Team AIGETOA under General Secretary had a meeting with Director HR in presence of PGM Pers, GM Restg, SR GM(Admin), GM(Rect) on 22.03.2021 in the chamber of Dir(HR). We categorically expressed our view point that today we have not come to seek assurances or discuss on the issues. Today we have come to apprise management of the prevailing unrest amongst the rank and file of all executives due to sidelining of all HR issues. If management do not act immediately on the resolution of issues and start confidence building measures by honouring the promises made in agenda meeting with visible progress on ground in the form of outcome, association shall be constrained to start organisational program from April and the responsibility of industrial unrest will solely lie on the management.
However, detailed discussion took place thereafter on HR issues including the issue of regularization of Salary as well as problems faced by executives in day to day operations and maintenance. We also highlighted the certain business decisions like launching of plans where commission to the franchisee is more than the voucher itself.. disconnecting the media connectivity of Power grid without any proper alternative in place etc. We said on one side HR issues are not being settled and on the other side such questionable decisions are demotivating the morale of the executives.
Management said that in another 2-3 weeks, they will try to resolve some issues but we have firmly conveyed to management that if visible progress is not seen by 31.03.2021 and if suitable confidence building measures are not in place, by that time, we will have no other choice but to resort on the strong protest.
We had requested for immediate formation of Committee on Pay Loss of 22820/- and E1+5 increments, issuance of promotions for JTO to SDE , initiation of preparatory exercise for promotions in SDE to AGM and AO to CAO, Permanent settlement of SDE 2007 reversal issue, issuance of clarification with respect to Discriminatory Rule 8 non applicability clause for GATE JTOs, Consideration of Rule 9 cases, opening of deputation, committee formation for streamlining of Bond Period and Bond Amount for GATE JTOs and newly recruited JAOs, Finalization of List 9 on VY basis and Publication of List 10 for next VY, preparation of JAO gradation list etc without any further delay and preparatory for their promotion. We also conveyed our firm stand that we will not accept anything less than as submitted by AIGETOA in the sanctioned strength of SDE, AGM, DGM, AO, CAO and DGM (Fin) in our meeting with restructuring committee under chairmanship of Dir (HR).
The Director HR has assured for firm action in the time frame. We shall be definitely keeping our fingers crossed till that time.
However we call upon all OBs, members and executives to prepare themselves for a long and sustained struggle from April 2021 for the resolution of long pending HR issues related to Pay, Pension and Promotion, regularization of Salary and fulfillment of maintenance requirements of field units and other viability related issues of BSNL. Friends, we have given enough opportunities to the management and hence the onus is now on the management for any industrial unrest and so start mobilization for the struggle.
Together We Can and Together We Will.
AIGETOA Launches Group Health Insurance Policy for w.e.f. 01.04.2021 in tie up with New India Assurance (NIA)
Thanks for showing overwhelming response for the proposed Group Health Insurance Policy being launched by AIGETOA. After receiving the actual data from all circles and after having extensive discussions with various agencies and getting Feedback from various corners, AIGETOA has finally decided to opt for the New India Assurance Health Insurance Scheme. We have finally sealed the proposal for around 4000 executives and their dependents group. The Final Premium price arrived is Rs. 6630 plus GST @ 18 percent for the coverage of Rs 5 Lakh for one family (Employee+Spouse+ Kids) with facilities from Day-1. Income Tax Benefit for individual optees under section 80 D will also be applicable. The number of Kids allowable as on date is three in the policy, however, in case of third kid born (Except Twins) after start of the policy, coverage for third child will not be applicable. The Policy is aimed to be started from 01.04.2021 and the payment will be started collecting by next week.
The salient features are as follows:
- The annual health coverage will be Rs 5 Lakh for the family.
- The Annual Premium will be 6630/- per family (Self with Spouse and Kids including 3rd child as on date).
- Zone wise Policy so Best TPA In A Particular Zone Can Be Selected.
- The Premium will be uniform across all age groups. However, it is worth to mention that premium amount of the policy envisaged by AIGETOA is less for even the age group of 21-25 years vis-à-vis other similar policies.
- Instead of opting for a corporate buffer, additional Top-Up of Rs 5 Lakh will be available at a nominal premium amount for those interested to opt it to enhance the coverage.
- The coverage of Parents can also be included in the Policy by paying additional amount.
- Policy starts without any formalities except some basic details of the family and payment of premium amount.
- Domiciliary treatment applicable as per norms
- Psychiatric treatment and congenital diseases treatment covered as per norms.
- The facilities will be covered from Day-1 of start of the policy.
- Standard Policy document will be shared at the time of payment of Premium from next week.
- Those having individual policy as on date can also be added in the policy either on Pro Rata basis where the policy will be applicable from the date of cessation of previous policy or they can opt for new parallel policy from the day one as additional coverage. The copy of previous policy shall be required to opt for this policy.
- Facility to claim reimbursement of the balance amount not paid by BSNL subject to fulfillment of documentary requirements.
- Softcopy of the original policy document along with list of applicants and their payments details shall be provided by the Insurance Agency for claiming Income Tax deduction under section 80D.
- All Pre-Existing diseases covered from day one.
- 1st, 2nd ,3rd and 4th Year waived off and no waiting period.
- Aayush Hospitalization Expenses covered up to the extent of 25% of the sum assured as per norms of the standard policy.
- In case of single employee, their spouses will be covered without any extra premium in case of marriage during the policy enforcement period. Mid Term inclusion of newly born kid also applicable without any extra premium during policy enforcement period.
- Room Rent – 1 percent Sum Assured.
- ICU Rent- 2 percent Sum Assured.
- All benefits of the continuance shall be extended to the willing employees opting for individual policies post retirement/resignation from BSNL provided they are covered under the policy for the minimum stipulated period to be eligible for exemptions. We are also trying to include the policy in the name of nominee in the case of some misfortune occurs to the opted executive (Matter under deliberation with the agency).
- Dental Treatment Covered in case of injury due to accident.
- Covid-19 Hospitalization Treatment Covered.
- Pre-Hospitalization and Post Hospitalization expenses covered as per standard policy.
- In case of Non-Network Hospitals, Reimbursement allowed provided treatment is taken in a minimum 15 bedded hospital.
- Advance medical treatment covered along with their sub limits as defined in the policy.
- Day care procedures(pre-defined).
- Cataract limit of 50K or the actual bill whichever is lower per eye, per policy year.
- Hernia – ₹ 1,00,000/- , or the actual bill, whichever is lower.
- Hysterectomy – ₹ 1,00,000/- or the actual bill, whichever is lower
- Maternity benefit scheme not Covered under the policy.
- Ambulance charges 1% of sum insured subject to maximum 2500/- provided patient is admitted to emergency ward.
All Circle Secretaries and OBs are requested to start awareness campaign about the policy which is a best priced group health policy for the capped amount with PAN India Roll Out. It’s voluntarily in nature but opting of the policy by more and more people will strengthen our claim to force the BSNL Management to extend this facility by employer to its employees. We once again reemphasize that this is a welfare measure taken based on the popular request and the difficulties faced by employees during this critical time.
CO BSNL issued transfer of Executives in the cadre of Account Officers of Finance Stream.
We extends sincere thanks to the Director HR, Director Finance and PGM Pers for issuing the long awaited request transfer of account and finance wing on pursuance by AIGETOA.
As per the provision of constitution of AIGETOA, Annual General Meet cum Circle Executives Committee meeting of the AIGETOA Rajasthan Circle will be held on 26th March 2021 through online mode.
Schedule of Annual General Meet cum Circle Executives Committee meeting
Place of the AGM cum CEC: Online Mode (Details will be conveyed to all participants).
Date & Time of AGM: 26th March 2021 (Friday) from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm.
As per provision of constitution of AIGETOA, Circle Conference cum Annual General Meet (AGM) of AIGETOA HP Circle will be held on 18th April 2021 (Sunday). Due to ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic Circle Conference cum AGM will be held through Video/Audio conferencing.
Details of AGM/Election Schedule of HP Circle:
Date & Time of AGM: 18th April 2021(Sunday), 10.00 am to 1.30 pm
Venue of the AGM: Online Mode
Schedule of the Election: 18th April ’2021 (Sunday) from 02:00 pm onward.
Circle Conference cum Annual General Meet (AGM) of All India Graduate Engineers & Telecom Officers Association, UP(West) Circle will be held on 8th April 2021 at Ghaziabad as per the provision in the constitution of AIGETOA.
Details of Circle Conference cum AGM Schedule of UP(West) Circle:
Date of Circle Conference cum AGM: 8th April 2021(Thursday)
Venue of the AGM: Ghaziabad (Exact detail of the venue will be shared later)
Schedule of the Election: 8th April 2021(Thursday) from 02:00 PM onwards
Declaration of result: 8th April 2021(Thursday) (after completion of election process)
The Hon’ble High Court, Guwahati has accepted the application of AIGETOA to be a party in the ongoing IDA Freezing Case at Guwahati. Earlier AIGETOA appeared in the Hon’ble Court on 12th March through its council and pleaded to become intervener in the ongoing case. After listening the arguments of all parties, the Hon’ble Court accepted AIGETOA plea to be a party in the case. Now the association will be submitting its detailed arguments in the Court for lifting of the IDA Freezing order from BSNL Employees citing the various grounds. We will not only demand its restoration but the payment of arrear also for the lost periods.
AIGETOA writes to the CMD BSNL for extension of all entitlements of facility to the regular employees of BSNL irrespective of the health of the organisation in lieu of the provisions made for other set of officers working on deputation/deployment basis. AIGETOA request our executives fraternities to maintain restrain on this provocation as the association is taking up the issue with highest authority in the management and the DoT. The association has clearly reminded the management that the executives are completely frustrated and are in a state of unrest due to cold shouldering of the management for due rights of BSNL Executives. Non acceptance and non resolution of their legitimate issues will lead to disruption of industrial peace in the organisation. At the same time the association has reached out to all four major associations and unions of the organisation and all regular executives to apprise the situation.
Office order issued by BSNL on 15-03-2021 to endorse the order of DoT and DoE for the facility of “Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession for central government employees working on deployment or deputation basis in BSNL”.