Hon’ble Minister of State for Communication visited BSNLCO, New Delhi on 24.07.2021 to have interaction with BSNL management (Board Members & senior officers). The CMD BSNL given presentation and apprised various dimensions and need of the company to the Hon’ble Minister. It has been learnt that the Hon’ble Minister in the meeting with management has asked for a detailed roadmap for next five years for the sustainability and growth of the organisation. Thereafter, a meeting with the leaders of Recognized Associations and Unions was also arranged with the Hon’ble Minister by the CMD BSNL.
In the meeting with associations and unions, AIGETOA was represented by GS Wasi Ahmad and Vice President Shri Badri Kumar Mehta while AGS Sunil Gautam and CS Delhi Shri Rajeev Meena remain present. The other participants of the meeting were SNEA, BSNLEU and NFTE.
The leaders raised major issues specifically associated with BSNL sustainability and employees hardships. Following points were raised in the meeting to the Hon’ble Minister.
- Immediate launching of 4G service by way of up-gradation of the BTSs and procurement and steps for moving towards the launching of 5G service.
- Immediate settlement of dues to BSNL, amounting Rs.39,000 Cr, by the DoT.
- Immediate steps to off-set BSNL debt, through the monetization of lands.
- Disbursement of salary on the last date of every month.
- No monetization of BSNL towers and Optical Fibre as is being planned by the Finance Ministry / Government of India.
- Improvement in BSNL service through investment in the network, which is in depleted conditions.
- Better utilization of the capabilities of 22000 Engineering and Account professionals by way of timely promoting them in middle level management for contributing in better way in the growth of department, as these officers were recruited by BSNL directly from the market through all India selection mechanism and have good potential to be utilized at proper level. Inspite of the formation of 20 Yrs, BSNL couldn’t grow its own recruited officers under management succession plan was also raised.
Earlier AIGETOA welcomed the Hon’ble Minister with a flower bouquet and shawl as mark of respect.