Pay- Scale Committee handed over it’s report to GS, AIGETOA Committee Members:
- Chairman: Shri Sunil Gautam (JTO NTR, New Delhi LICE-2016)
- Member: Shri Prashant Gaura (SDE Patna, Bihar 2007-08)
- Member: Shri Vishal Gautam (SDE BSNL CO, New Delhi 2007-08)
- Member: Shri Harish Chand (AO, BSNL CO, New Delhi 2010)
- Member: Shri Tapesh Raghav (JTO Estab, BSNL CO SRD)
- Member: Shri Nithya Jarald (JTO, Erode, Tamilnadu LICE-2016)
- Member: Shri Ramesh G (JTO Hyderabad LICE-2016)
- Member: Shri Sanjeev Saini (JAO CO Rajasthan 2015)
- Member: Shri Kunal Kumar (JTO Shimoga Karnataka GATE)
- Member: Shri Raju Pathak (JAO CO Mumbai Maharashtra 2018)
The Pay Scale Committee was formed by AIGETOA CHQ in June 2022 to address the issue of standard pay scale and pay loss for BSNL executives who were recruited or promoted after 01.01.2007. The committee worked independently and explored all possible ways to resolve this issue in addition to the ongoing efforts of AIGETOA in various courts and with the government. The main objectives of the committee were to:
Review the current status and history of standard pay scale and pay loss issue for BSNL executives.
Identify and evaluate various options and alternatives for settling this issue.
Recommend a feasible and optimal solution for achieving standard pay scale E2-E3 for BSNL executives.
The committee conducted its research and analysis using various sources of data, such as official documents from BSNL and DoT, reports from other associations and unions, court judgments and orders, media articles and reports, and feedback from BSNL executives. The committee also used various tools and techniques to analyze the data, such as SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis, stakeholder analysis, and scenario analysis.
The main findings of the committee are:
- Standard pay scale E2-E3 is a legitimate right of BSNL executives who joined after 01.01.2007.
- Non-settlement of standard pay scale E2-E3 has caused variable initial basics and pay loss for BSNL executives.
- Non-settlement of standard pay scale E2-E3 will have adverse impacts on the career progression and pension benefits of BSNL executives.
- Pensionary contribution is no longer a major hurdle for settling standard pay scale E2-E3 after VRS.
- DoT is the main authority for approving standard pay scale E2-E3 for BSNL executives.
- BMS affiliation has created a new opportunity for representing this issue at the government level.
- AIGETOA is the only association that is sincerely and actively pursuing this issue.
The main conclusions of the committee were:
- Standard pay scale E2-E3 should be settled before implementation of 3rd PRC in BSNL.
- Standard pay scale E2-E3 should be implemented w.e.f. 01.01.2007 without cascading effect of other scales.
- Standard pay scale E2-E3 should be implemented across the board irrespective of the stream or batch of joining.
- AIGETOA should intensify its legal and organizational efforts to achieve standard pay scale E2-E3.
- AIGETOA should leverage its BMS affiliation to influence DoT and government to approve standard pay scale E2-E3.
- AIGETOA should mobilize and unite all BSNL executives under its banner to support this cause.
- The committee hopes that this report will help AIGETOA in its struggle for standard pay scale and pay loss issue and will contribute to the welfare of BSNL executives and BSNL.