Though, it is our considerate thought that providing Health Insurance is the duty of employer and we are already into discussion with BSNL Management for improving the medical coverage and facilities. However, CHQ is in receipt of request from many circles for AIGETOA entering into negotiation for a group health insurance for the executives. Based on the request received from many circles, AIGETOA CHQ has decided to get into tie up with Insurance Agency on PAN India Basis in order to ensure best possible quotes as many employees want to get individual health insurance and are facing many difficulties in getting the insurance due to riders associated with the individual policies. As a welfare activity for the BSNL Executives/Employees, AIGETOA is in negotiation with New India Assurance Company Ltd (A central PSU) and Star Health Insurance (The leading Health Insurance Provider in private sector) for a group Health Insurance Scheme.
Salient Features of the proposed Group Medical Health Insurance Policy by AIGETOA.
- Best policy conditions with most competitive Premium rates under direct tie up with the company, not through any agent.
- All Executives/Employees of BSNL working PAN India is eligible to join. Income Tax rebate will be applicable for the premium.
- The policy will be distributed into zones so best TPA in a particular zone can be selected. In case of star health, it will be handled directly by the company. The treatment will be cashless. BSNL is spread throughout the country. At few places cash less treatment may not be available,in that case treatment has to be taken in hospital with 15 or more beds, which will be reimbursed.
- Medical Coverage for parents/In-laws can also be added as optional benefits with some extra premium.
- Sum Assured i.e. claimable amount for the insurer employees family will be Rs Five Lakhs plus top up.
- The provision for extra Top Up amount shall be there in the form of either Corporate Buffer or individual family top up with nominal cost.
- Definition of Family shall be as per Govt of India norms.
- Coverage will start from day one of the commencement of the policy. No waiting period shall be there.
- Pre-existing diseases will also be covered including planned surgeries as added advantage.
- Advance Treatment is also applicable with some conditions.
- Hernia, Hysterectomy, Cataract etc covered from first day.
We are right now negotiating for around 5000 employees. The current premium quote is expected to be around Rs 6000-7000 annually for 5 lakhs coverage for Self, Spouse and two kids, which is being negotiated for lowering it further. The premium for covering parents shall be extra.
This tentative premium is expected to go further down to a very low premium if the number of optees for the scheme is very high. We are trying to get the policy at the as minimum rates as much as possible as there is no middleman involved and the policy is being negotiated with the company Directly.
In case of any queries and clarification one may contact our respective Circle Secretaries.
We are planning to launch the scheme in the month of March-2021 itself. Accordingly all interested persons are requested to fill up the form latest by 10.03.2021 by clicking the following link.
Click here for Group Medical Health Insurance Policy Online Form