Update on AIGETOA CHQ meeting held on 06/05/2020: CHQ meeting could not take place for long due to COVID 19 outbreak & Lock down in India since 22nd March 2020, and also considering present scenario it will not be possible for the next three months to conduct regular CHQ/CEC meeting. Hence it was decided to conduct meetings through available online video conferencing app till situation becomes normal. As per the constitution of AIGETOA, CHQ meeting was held on 06/05/2020 through online app in the chairmanship of All India President Shri Ravi Shil Verma, Shri B Laxman and almost all the CHQ members were participated in the meeting. GS AIGETOA Shri Wasi Ahmad updated the participant about the status of all the pending issues and then discussion held on further course of action for the settlement of these pending issues as per the agenda meeting held with DIR HR on 24/25th Feb 2020 taking into account present COVID-19 pandemic in India.
Summary of discussion held with Director HR on major pending issues:
1) JTO to SDE Promotion through DPC /LDCE: GS discussed the matter with Director HR on phone and highlighted severe resentment among the executives for non issuance of promotion of JTO to SDE. The Director HR told GS about the developments which has happened in line with our 24-Feb meeting but also told that the issue couldn’t move to conclusive end due to Covid-19. GS raised the serious concern on delay and requested to immediately restart the works where it was left before lockdown. The Director assured to direct Personal Section to resume the left out works pending as per discussions so that the process of DPC could be realised. GS highlighted that the LDCE notification is also pending despite instructions by the director to do so. Director HR assured for earliest necessary action in this regard.
2) SDE reversion case: GS raised the matter strongly with the Director and remind him about our last meeting discussion. It was decided in the meeting to settle it as a one time measure but still the order is awaited to this affect. The Director HR informed that works are going in the same line and he assured to get it done by the end of current month. The GS also apprised about hardships faced by the those got reverted as well as those issued notices without their fault. It’s extreme
injustice to these officers who are being suffering due to high handness of the
department since more than a decade of legitimate promotion. He requested the
Director to instruct the section to ensure adherence of the time line and ensure
its final resolution in this month.
3) Preparation of List 9: Team will pursue to initiate the process for the Preparation of List 9 as per discussion held with DIR HR.
4) Promotion in SDE to AGM cadre and AO to CAO cadre: Also effort will be given to expedite promotion process in the other cadre ie JAO to AO, AO to CAO, SDE to DE/AGM cadre. GS has categorically stated that any drastic reduction in the name of restructuring will result in stagnation of all cadres and will be strongly opposed by association. GS also told that AIGETOA will take all efforts to end the stalemate w.r.t on merit and own merit issue so that a win win situation for all occur. GS said that now it?? high time that pending promotions of all eligible executives may be given in all cadres. CHQ team reviewed the status of the issues and decided to pursue the issues with a fixed time line of three months. As it is not possible at present for GS and other CHQ office bearer to travel to BSNL HQ New Delhi, it was unanimously decided that CHQ team available at BSNL CO will act in full force to expedite the persuasion process in the guidance of All India President for the settlement of long pending HR issues as per agenda meeting held with DIR HR on 24/25th Feb 2020. It was also decided that All India President Shri Ravi Shil Verma and AGS Shri Yogendra Kumar is authorised to pursue the issues and meet/communicate with the management on behalf of GS during this period and a formal communication shall be made to management in this regard.
5) CHQ team also reviewed the status of other important issues like Standard pay scale /Pay Loss issues/ 30 percent SAB etc. : For Standard Pay Scale issue, CHQ will reinitiate the discussion with DoT and press for early resolution. With regard to Pay Loss issue, the court case filed by AIGETOA members will be pursued along with simultaneous negotiations with management in this regard. For rule 8 and pending transfer cases, discussions have been held and the same shall be pursued with.
6) Activity for the CS/CP:Circle Secretaries are requested to submit bank statement, expenditure voucher for the FY 2019-2020 to FS CHQ AIGETOA latest by 31st May 2020 to complete the CHQ audit process as per the time schedule. As it is not possible to conduct regular circle or district meeting as per the constitution of the association, Circle Secretaries are requested conduct meeting through available online video conferencing app.
7) Opening of Membership Window & Notification of MV: Management illegally extended facility twice to those associations whose tenure already completed long back without conduction of MV. CHQ already conveyed its resentment to CMD/DIR HR regarding illegal facility extension and also served letter to start agitational program, which could not be executed due to COVID 19 outbreak in India. Hence CHQ team decided that, AIGETOA will rigorously pursue with CMD/DIR HR for the immediate opening of membership window, notification for conduction of MV without any further facility extension. It was decided that pending issues as stated above will be pursued with management in a time-bound manner and if at any point of time, it is felt that things are not moving expeditiously, we will immediately start organisational action program. Hence CS/CP are requested to arrange/conduct meeting through online app and make themselves ready for protest against management in case things are not settled as per the commitment given by DIR HR.